Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Tales of the Pomegranate

The Underworld ~ Halloween Oracle

Seeing this card, The Underworld, come up for today's Oracle draw felt in alignment with the work I'm preparing for and will post about soon. It also intimately echoed a New Moon reading I did just last night in a starkly accurate way. And while Descent dictates its own timetable and rhythm this is a time of year that lends itself naturally to the kind of shadow work associated with the themes of the Underworld, with reclaiming and retrieving the parts of our soul that have been stolen by the gods of our fear, shame and self-doubt. I have often caught myself worshipping at their altars, exchanging my own authenticity for one of their shadow bodies.

The key phrase for this card is, where all things pause and begin again. Today as I move through my various tasks and errands I'll be keeping in my focus the invitation this card is offering with its themes of sacrifice, transformation, and night-vision. As the days shorten I can feel this invitation pressing itself into the creased palm of my awareness with urgency and bidding.

6 comments:

  1. It's amazing how subtle that exchange can be; we can walk on for years and never fully realize the impact. Strength to you, and a light in the dark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic image, with Death as the skull and birth in the many pomegranate seeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "reclaiming and retrieving the parts of our soul" Before doing intentional shadow work myself I always believed it was all about "reprogramming" our bad attitudes. But now I realize it is so much more than that is is about becoming whole again.
    I wish you a save but adventurous journey into the shadows where the true and precious treasures are hidden
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. And I shall tuck into my heart your wise observation of "where the true and precious treasures are hidden."

      Delete