![]() |
| Hecate ~ Universal Goddess Tarot |
Since her passing though it seems that something majorly impactful comes up either for me individually or for my family around this time of year. As the days shorten I feel myself moving through the weeks tense, anxious and wary. The contraction I feel is palpable as though I'm just trying to lay low and get through to the other side, Solstice. For me the New Year begins on that day, not on January 1st and not on Samhain but on the Winter Solstice when the dwindling light begins to widen, when that luminous portal opens itself up to us again.
![]() |
| Goddess Hecate |
"It’s about connecting more deeply with the rhythms of nature as you enter the fallow, dreaming time, follow the light of Hecate’s torches into the underworld, and honor your Beloved Dead."
I already feel a sense of anticipation and curiosity about this journey. Joanna's course won't take me all the way through to the Solstice but I'm hopeful it will seed roots in such a way that I'll be able to continue to hold that container, the dark womb, the chthonic ground. With Hecate as wisdom-guide and following my intuitive body where it needs to go I'm feeling led by something larger than myself. I have little sense of how it will be or look beyond my showing up as best I can through journaling, tarot and oracle work, drumming, painting, dancing, meditation and ritual. I'm planning some time at our local japanese-inspired women's spa on either end of the journey, a time to cleanse, soak, sweat and purify in the company of other women. I'm aware of a lot of my blog friends who are embarking on or in the midst of similar journeys and there is comfort in knowing that we are, each of us, finding our own way uniquely through Hecate's sacred darkness.
![]() |
| Hecate by Hrana Janto |



I can relate to this feeling of anxiety since my dad past away at the end of November six years ago. I remember the little things more vividly and unexpectedly. I hope you will share some of you experiences of this journey with us. I have been eyeing Joanna's goddess series for quite some time but never actually participated in one.
ReplyDeleteWishing you courage, compassion and bright lantern to enter into the darkness
Hugs
Thank you for your good wishes, Ellen. I imagine parts of my journey will find their way onto the blog. It appears you, Bev and I are all facing a similar river of emotions at this time of year. Hugs to you, my friend.
DeleteI lost my dad in December several years ago, so while I welcome the change in seasons, there is a hint of sadness that still lingers.
ReplyDeleteI signed up for Joanna's 30 Days course last spring, but unfortunately my life got turned upside down and the only thing I was able to do was read it daily emails. I enjoyed those though!
Well, you'll be in my thoughts as I journey. It's a time of year full of such contradiction, isn't it. xoxo
DeleteMy sister struggled for a long time with bipolar/borderline personality disorder, and it seemed that something major and devastating would always happen in October. Eventually we came to anticipate it, wonder about what it might be this time. And for years it cycled that way, until it didn't anymore. I suppose even cycles have their cycles. I wish for you peace of heart and soul, and a blessed journey through the depth of your own inner darkness. And I too love seeing how so many of us are walking our unique shadow-paths at the moment! (PS, I could totally use a Japanese spa right about now.) Hugs to you ;-)
ReplyDeleteThank you for your good wishes, Olivia. And how helpful to hear that 'cycles have their cycles'. Sending blessings your way.
DeleteEven cycles have their cycles... that is a wonderful thought. Thank you BB
DeleteOh wow, blessings to you during this time. I hope that this course is an enlightening one and that you will be able to share a few things.
ReplyDeleteBB
Thank you, BB!
Delete