Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Gazing on the Multiplicity of the One

Two of Wands ~ Niccoletta Ceccoli Tarot

A very early wake up, lots of time before my daily tasks began and yet I couldn't settle on a deck, Oracle or Tarot or both, dark or neutral, which one? Round and round I went. Finally I pulled a card from the Halloween Oracle, got a repeat of last week's fabulous Underworld card and as that felt like an ongoing theme decided I wanted something to address the more temporal issues of the day. I spied my Ceccoli deck sitting on the shelf and that felt just right. Dark, mysterious but with a soft and soothing color palette. And how fitting that I drew a Two, and the Wands no less, as my creative self wandered restlessly from deck to deck looking for inspiration's outlet.

Two of Wands ~ Ceccoli Tarot
I set the card out on my cotd altar and traveled with it through the morning watching the light change its atmosphere from sober and mysterious to magical and almost playful. The sense of being entangled with something just beyond reach, because it is a projection, speaks loudly here. What projections am I entwined with today? Where does my vision suffer from the myopic? Where do I need to enlarge my view? The circular border of the mirror suggests this as a kind of endless cycle both framing and circumscribing the expansive truth inherent in the reality of each arising moment. The key is to know when my view limits and when it acts contextually.

The card is interpreted as...'Illusion or enchantment may be keeping you from fulfilling your potential. Key concepts : Loss of will, coercion, pressure from others.' Today this speaks to me on a more internal level and hearkens back to a draw a few days ago highlighting similar themes on a more macro scale. Here, thankfully, they are titrated for me. The misty, grey backdrop, the element of enmeshment, the delicate, waif-like beauty of the girls all prompt different reactions from me. What enchantments am I weaving upon myself? Where do I need to 'flesh out' and earth my view? What part does individuation play in my day? What part of the forest do I need to journey to to come face to face with the ethereal spell-weaver?

No concrete answers revealed themselves and yet that felt just about right. The questions have been posed, seeded and will gradually find their way towards the light, little shoots of awareness stretching their small green bodies into the oxygenated atmosphere of consciousness. The imagery in this card is compelling, both drawing me in and excluding me at the same time. I've been thinking about it throughout my day, not so much what it might 'mean' but more tracking the way it has been intersecting with me emotionally. Noticing the times I've been lost in my own thoughts and constructs, the times I'm in dialogue with some idealized self just beyond reach, the times I'm under the spell of 'other', the times that yes-no energy announces itself. It's been an interesting journey.

6 comments:

  1. Now this is a perfect example of gentle free flowing shadow work where your inner little one doesn't have to be scared for the monsters in the dark. Gently seeding and watering ideas and feelings into consciousness with soft pastels and whimsical depictions. Mmm I could try this too.....
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you could surely do this! I felt in need of something more subtle than some of the previous days' material. As you've said on your blog the shadow work is intense and sometimes less is more. Hugs back to you.

      Delete
  2. This image made me think of a caduceus - but they haven't found their wings yet. I bet you know where to find them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice correlation, Bev. I like the idea of finding wings for that healing serpent. I did have a moment of seeing their two bodies make a quasi-heart shape when I first drew this card and your comment has reminded me of that.

      Delete
  3. Yes, sometimes feeling the energy of the card is more vital than knowing or acting on the meaning of the card.
    I love that you have a separate altar for your CotD. That feels very appropriate, thank you BB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This deck definitely requires feeling the energy of the card over using traditional interpretations. I'm really enjoying it.

      Delete