Sunday, October 18, 2015

Rubedo

Bohemian Gothic Tarot

I love this Queen of Wands and together with the Magician...well, hot stuff can occur if the smoke is any indication. When I look at this pair I think of the fourth and final stage in the Magnum Opus of the alchemical process, called Rubedo which literally means in latin, 'redness'. It signifies alchemical success and the end of the great work. This fabulous Queen is in the world but not of it, the fire around and in her so palpable the air fairly crackles. Even her black cat is keeping a distance. There is an element of isolation that I notice in this card that is perhaps the shadow side of 'in the world but not of it'. Something to be aware of, the tendency to watch rather than participate, to witness rather than immerse. A stance that has its merit though perhaps not for today due to her partner in this pairing.

With the Magician at her side we see the alchemical potential of passion, inspiration, creativity. And yet the temenos is only as dynamic as the will applied to it. Today as I journey with these two compelling figures questions arise for me of where to direct my creativity, my passion. What do I breathe in so as to shape the elements of my reality in a way that supports the trajectory of unfolding. For I am God's Magnum Opus, Her prayer and meditation, each breath a bead She touches and murmurs as my lungs expand and contract around the mirror She endlessly holds to my heart.

6 comments:

  1. Wowza, what a combination; she inspires and he makes it happen! :)
    I think you might need some theme music for these two:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhZba-P7R18
    heehee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, that song brought back some memories :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great force of fire! We are indeed God's masterpiece and in honoring Her we should not be afraid to use this fire to create our own works of art.
    Maybe wearing a red scarf could be inspiring??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment is full of serendipity, Ellen, as I did in fact reach for a red scarf to wear this morning. It wasn't until seeing your remarks here that I made the connection. We're synced in ;)

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous and interesting pairing! BB

    ReplyDelete