Monday, November 2, 2015

You Are Your Deepest Intention

Dark Goddess Tarot ~ Ellen Lorenzi-Prince


In the now lighter morning glow I drew from the Dark Goddess Tarot, a deck I've had a while but haven't delved into much. This time of year feels perfect to travel with these dark ladies. Today a simple two card draw and yet the wonderful and not so little LWB gives such a depth of material to work with that a two card draw becomes a journey in itself.

The Moon ~ Arianhrod ~ Dark Goddess Tarot
I drew The Moon first, on this day to honor the dead. In this depiction we see Arianhrod, whose name means Silver Wheel, the Welsh Mother of the Night, goddess of the moon, sky and stars. She shifts shape into an owl of the night who sees in the dark, who sees ahead and behind. Silence is her language as embodied through wings that are soft and noiseless.

Change arrives bit by bit over time, suggests Ellen. I draw comfort from the encouragement to maintain my intention and stay with the process as well as the recognition that deep forces and feelings are involved. Journeying with Hecate I can't help but feel the relevance of this advice. The gentle encouragement from this card to let things unfold, to follow those inner quickenings no matter that they look different than what I may have planned is a comfort. Trusting the guides, signs and gleanings along the way is key.

The suggestion is to wear moonstone and silver today. As well as to get more sleep so the mind can be washed in the element of dreams. With the clocks being turned back and myself waking at 2:30 I feel this advice on a practical level. She goes on to say that "listening to the intimate and innate knowledge of your physical being brings celestial wisdom into embodiment."

Sitting with The Moon, allowing its light to wash over me feels nourishing today. There are the usual calls on my attention and they're at odds with the more reflective energy this card exudes. The next card though brings it all down to earth.

Gaia ~ Ace of Earth ~ Dark Goddess Tarot
The Ace of Earth, Mother Gaia herself calling gently to me to bring my dreams into reality, my imaginative wanderings, intuitive body and creativity into the ground of everyday life. Not an easy task for me.

The keyphrases are, The Earth gives birth to giants. Time to grow. Here we see her inseparable from her element, rising up out of the earth, blessing everything within her gaze. She is the Mother of All.

Going out into the natural world feels like something to do to acknowledge her presence. Stone holding, river watching, lying on the ground and letting the clouds drift through the sky of the body all are ways to honor her. I like what Ellen has to say here, Embracing your life is not a one-time task. For best results, keep your arms open and keep going. Be brave enough to work on your big dream.

I think of all the small seeds I am planting in relation to my 'big dream'. Of course *I* am my big dream, as are we all, each and everyone of us is the dream we're unerringly seeking...

Your body is a heaven arising 
as the ellipse of its own earth.
A celestial bending of light,
You are your deepest intention.

6 comments:

  1. Hope those seeds grow well and bloom beautifully. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bev. And the same to your own greening self.

      Delete
  2. This is an apt post for me, and speaks a lot to where I'm at currently. In fact I was just writing about seeds and acorns yesterday and earlier this morning :) Many hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved your IG pic and post today on this theme of seeds sown. Hugs back to you, sister.

      Delete
  3. I love how you acknowledge we can't plan our spiritual growth, We have go with the flow and enjoy the ride.

    ReplyDelete