Sunday, November 1, 2015

Offerings in the Graveyard



A perfect video for this day to honor the souls of the dead. The collusion of joy and song and movement with the still and ghostly landscape of the graveyard reminds me of the profound practice of Chod originated by the 11th century Tibetan tantric Buddhist practitioner, teacher and yogini, Machig Labdron. The chod practitioner seeks to tap the power of fear through activities such as rituals set in graveyards, and visualization of offering their bodies in a tantric feast in order to put their understanding of emptiness to the ultimate test...

Machig Labdron

We don't necessarily see that ritualized here in this video but we do see offerings of love, the dancing body and heart...a great place to begin...and end.

3 comments:

  1. Love the music and the video! Of course I kept thinking an older codger was going to pop up out of the earth and yell, "You young whippersnappers need to quit making so much noise!" :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. I find it a bit scary but I did enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete