| Lady de los Muertos ~ Halloween Oracle |
I find it fascinating to see a female figure portraying Death. So often in the Tarot the majority of depictions are of a male figure clad in a long, body-covering cloak, his curves made by the shape of his bony frame, his look gaunt and empty. Here Death is feminine, sensual, beautiful and graceful. What an intimate feeling her energy offers us. She brings a visceral pulse to the passage that only a few breaths separates us from. The LWB talks of the Underworld as being the great equalizer which is seen in the keywords for this card of equality and acceptance. In the immediacy of the moment what might I let go of today?
It feels fairly obvious to me. I woke late to a house bustling with energy, activity and noise and right alongside a certain measure of resistance to that. My dh returned home late last night from a trip and as delighted as I am to see him and have him back it always takes some readjustment on my part from a quieter, slower more internal rhythm to one that is centered around others' pace and schedules. When I finally had a few moments to sit down with the cards this morning I could feel my scattered energy drawing inwards to rest in the sanctuary of silence that these few moments offered me. I wanted some guidance on how to wend my way through the day given the dramatic shift in atmosphere. I'm using the Halloween Oracle by Stacey Demarco and Jimmy Manton and as I was shuffling through the deck this card above was one I was thinking of. I had a jumper after this thought and sure enough, it was She gracing me with her presence and her beauty, the latter always a soothing balm and refuge to my soul. Lady de los Muertos, with her invitation of acceptance and release feels just right today.
You might enjoy some of the La Calavera Catrina photos here:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.latintimes.com/day-dead-makeup-inspiration-what-exactly-catrina-271682
Oh wow! Fantastic photos, Bev. Thanks for sharing.
Delete"She brings a visceral pulse to the passage that only a few breaths separates us from" beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI can imagine how you must have felt. For me it was just the other way around when last night my eldest and her boyfriend went after a week staying at our place to his parents for the weekend until Sunday evening: then I will feel exactly as you did this morning :D
Hopefully you can find some more"Rose time" tomorrow
Hugs
Thanks, Ellen. Wishing you some nourishing solo time this weekend.
Delete