| Vampire ~ Halloween Oracle |
Today I decided to do a single oracle draw using The Halloween Oracle by Stacy Demarco and Jimmy Manton. I find the guidebook to be pretty lightweight, a little bit of history about each image and a few sentences of meaning for the card. But I really like a lot of the imagery and this card is no exception. I pulled this, Vampire, asking for the theme of the day and the keywords are Emotional Intelligence. The LWB talks about boundaries and being careful about who you choose to let into your emotional space.
Since I've got pretty solid boundaries and am very choosy about who I allow into my atmosphere I'm taking this card more on an internal level. I've been plagued the last few days with doubt, self-criticism and various other life-sucking energies and thought forms of the kind that cycle around and diminish our vitality and will. Awareness is being asked of me in regards to what thoughts and conversations I allow myself to have with myself. Raising my cup to emotional intelligence today!
Those inner emotional vampires can be harder to recognize and regulate than the outer ones! (Sending some virtual garlic.)
ReplyDeleteHehe, I'll take it :)
DeleteAdding some holy water to the mixture.:)
ReplyDeleteThese vampires are seductive and we are so tempted to believe everything they whisper in our ears. And like real vampires they are so much stronger when it is dark, when they try to keep us awake with their silky voices
Ooh, I like the holy water addition, Ellen.
DeleteI'm raising my chalice right along with you :-) It can certainly be tricky learning to discern and do away with those quiet, critical voices in the periphery. I agree with you about this deck - while there is a limited amount of literary substance, the images are great, and I really enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteWell, I'm in good company here with holy water, virtual garlic and another chalice being raised. Toasting all of us here as we feel our way, breath by breath, into integration :)
Delete