Wednesday, September 16, 2015

When Mystery Comes Calling

Earlier last week I made a commitment to devote an entire day to a deep clean of the kitchen. Our kitchen is large, we've got two dogs and it's been a while since the last deep clean. I had some Miriam Makeba lined up, an assortment of hot drinks, and lots of sponges, soap, rubber gloves, mops, buckets and so forth. I was well-equipped.

Before getting started I decided to pull a card for the day knowing I'd need some help along the way, some guidance on how to sustain my enthusiasm. I drew Sunset aka Death. Not quite what I had in mind but given my resistance to the plodding nature of my work the irony wasn't lost on me. What was I hoping for, a Three of Cups kind of day? Well, yes, actually, yes I was. So with my intention firmly saddled up I took the reins and rode into the shining sunset in search of transformation...or I rode into transformation in search of shining. Either way works.

Sunset ~ Medicine Woman Tarot

I'm happy to say I found it and not just in the kitchen. My own attitude to the task felt remarkably changed as I kept in mind the guidance the cards offered me earlier in the week. As the day drew near the phrase, 'a rendez-vous with God' kept coming to mind. Mystery came calling and I was ready to receive Her. Added to that was a solar eclipse in Virgo. Even though my ascendent is Virgo I was unaware of this solar eclipse and it wasn't till I received some material in my inbox that I made the connection between the intention and detail I brought to my task (think q-tips to clean the cabinet and drawer grooves) and what was happening astrologically...

Solar Eclipses are profound turning points that bring endings, new beginnings, and major changes. This particular eclipse in Virgo will compel you to start living life on your own terms and let go of what's not working. Whether this brings renewed vitality or a crisis is up to you, so don't leave it to chance!

Well, I rather like that and though I find these kinds of predictive emails an overly generic sensationalizing of the possible highs and lows the phrase 'letting go of what's not working' feels like a theme paralleled in the Sunset/Death card. It was a good, productive day full of hard work, earth plane work and at the end of it the kitchen and I gleamed with care, intention and the fruits of elbow grease and suds. I finished all of the long-overdue heavy cleaning with just a few lighter jobs remaining for the next day. The altars in the space got a nice cleanse, too...

Green Tara

5 comments:

  1. Nothing as rewarding and, with the right attitude, spiritually fulfilling, as cleaning your kitchen; the hearth of the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, Ellen, intention made all the difference here. I felt as sparkly as the kitchen by the end of the day!

      Delete
  2. That beautiful sunset makes me think of the inner glow that comes from finishing a job done well. :)
    The shell with Green Tara is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had an outer glow going, too, thanks to sweat ;)

      Delete
    2. Heehee, with that kind of deep cleaning, I bet you did!

      Delete