Saturday, September 3, 2016

New Moon Reading with the Pagan Otherworlds Tarot



New Moon spread from a few nights ago using the fab Pagan Otherworlds Tarot by Linnea and Peter of Uusi Design Studio.

1. Moon Energies ~ What energies are abundant for me during this New Moon cycle?   Chili Pepper 🌶
.
2. Energy Assist ~ What can I do to aid or ease it?  King of Cups 🏆
.
3. Goals ~ What challenges should I set for this moon cycle? King of Swords ⚔
.
4. Drift ~ What do I need to let go of from the last moon cycle? Three of Swords 💘
.
5. Advice ~ What advice do my spirit guides have for me for this new moon cycle?   The Hierophant 📿

Well, predominantly male energy here. Even the oracle card in the middle has male energy to it. Last month while working with the elements esoterically through walks, turns and breath I realized that it wasn't Earth but Fire I am deficient in. Earth needs fire to move else it stagnates, plods. Fire is also the key component in digestion and that is very much up for me these days.

Loving the King of Cups in the position of aid. His gentle, healing waters can titrate some of that heat and fire energy. 

King of Swords as goals. Clear communication, equanimity and dispassionate evaluation of my situation. Again a good balance for the heat that is theme for this moon cycle. 

Happy to see that Three of Swords in the letting go position. And my friend The Hierophant as advice from my spirit guides. This is a particularly accessible Hierophant, earthy, kind-looking and receptive. Happy to walk a ways with him and listen. 


7 comments:

  1. When I have that much cayenne flowing in me, I can be as prickly as a porcupine. :) I have to put myself in 'time out,' but I've learned to let others know how I'm feeling and what I'm doing so they don't take it personally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, fire energy needs to be handled with skill. I'm learning to work with mine more skillfully than I did in my twenties :)

      Delete
  2. A beautiful read - and I like how the figures in the cards interact via their positioning. I'm looking forward to receiving the Pagan Otherworlds deck, and getting to know it a bit ;) The artwork fits very well with your Chili Pepper card !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia. The Pagan Otherworlds is a gem. And yes, the Chili Pepper card is from a deck called Nature's Pharmacy. Beautiful Victorian drawings from a collection of the NY Botanical Gardens.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you have your work cut out for you! You - via social media - feel like one of the most fire-y people I know, but...each of us feels the elements and their levels differently. I'm excited to see what you come up with, when embracing more fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm two degrees Aries with a Moon in Pisces so my fire often feels very muted. Your description of my fire element is pretty interesting for me to hear.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete