| Wild Unknown Tarot ~ Earthbound Oracle |
I'm feeling quiet here on the blog. My Thirty Days of Hecate journey is one of the reasons as it's drawing forth material that isn't conducive to general sharing. Partly it's the time of year--things go quiet, creatures, of which I am one, sink into the warmth, draw close and contract. And partly it's that I'm tired of the sound of my own voice--an odd thing for a writer and poet to feel but certainly a season and cycle in any writer's life. A more inward place is unfolding and words just fall short a lot of the time. I decided to see what the cards had to say about my disinclination towards words using the Wild Unknown Tarot and the Earthbound Oracle.
The Ace of Swords presents the seed of things right away...Swords, suit of communication, conflict, the written word, clarity and discrimination. Here the sword is inanimate, no hands are holding it, no one is wielding it. We see it in potentia, undifferentiated from its essence but consecrated nonetheless, given a body by the rainbow leminscate promising the full spectrum of its inherent gifts when it's taken up. But not right now. Right now is a time for holding this instrument in awareness, meditating on it, contemplating its far-reaching power, creating space for its purpose without the need to use it.
Following upon its heels is the oracle card, Home. It depicts a turtle carrying its shell on its back plus several nests and a bird...the turtle looks burdened with responsibility and the need to carry the weight of others. She looks to the past and is focused on the ground, the earth and further even below that as though peering through the strata that holds all the important and minute details of her life, her journey. I find my home in the written word and it's poignant for me to see this card appear in the center of things. Words feel burdensome right now, extraneous, disingenuous even. The dark, unknown earth is where I'm interested in traversing, in living, in calling home. Density rather than ether, ground rather than air. A switch for me and perhaps why I feel a little at sea. Words have always anchored me, it's the earth, the manifest that has been my challenge...
Lastly the Seven of Wands appears. A single flame-tipped wand illuminates the darkness. Some meditation spent with this card yields the realization that I am the flame-tipped Wand trying to make my way through this dark body of the year within and without, feeling the weight of all that I'm carrying, the past which is asking for light, for air, for a form outside the ink-black sky of ambivalence, something more lasting than words. A new perspective feels like it's asking for a place in my awareness...the Wands encouraging me to yield to the possibility that a different kind of creativity is being called forth to shine...to feel the earth beneath my feet as a place of infinite awareness. This drawing has offered permission, encouragement to allow the writer in me whatever kind of freedom she needs to come into deeper relationship with the inner body that wants voice...be that one of silence or song.
| Wild Unknown Tarot ~ Earthbound Oracle |
That sword looks like it is being charged by the lightning. May your "earth" time provide fuel for later ventures!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Bev!
DeleteI can understand this inward quiet pull so well, Sometimes when you see the cards you just know and then there is no need of putting words to this awareness. Pictures can so vividly give voice to your deepest knowing. I love how you express yourself in your painting and photo's on IG.
ReplyDeleteYes, you've named it perfectly, Ellen. IG allows that voice in such a pithy way...it's surprising me. Love and blessings to you, my friend.
DeleteI do understand that need for quiet and separation, the inefficacy of words.... I think there is a cycle of movement through the year. And I think that the more we spend inside, pondering, reflecting, exploring our own depths, the more time we need to just be there, and give ourselves permission to be there. I just wrote on Ellen's blog about how I am trying not to purchase the Wild Unknown..and then I came to yours and there it is!!! Ha! Tame the lion... tame it!
ReplyDeleteHa ha Maybe try to cuddle it and sooth it ±D
DeleteIt's a very different place for me to be in...and I'm dancing with it as the feeling moves me...
DeleteAs for the WU, I shall remain quiet on the beauty of this one ;)