| Book of Shadows Tarot ~ As Above by Barbara Moore |
I drew today's cards while our bird zipped around the room and my little pup used every ounce of restraint against her instinct towards capture. With this lively energy swirling about me I drew first the Four of Air in which birds, four-leggeds and elementals interface with the human realm and then the Crone of Fire who looks towards them shining her light on the potent energy. It was a perfect mirror for the moment.
| Four of Air ~ As Above Tarot |
The LWB describes this card as one of paying attention to omens, synchronistic happenings and serendipities that are right in front of our eyes. I like the element of green that appears subtly in the card, in the greenery decorating the wrought iron and the berries being offered to the raven. The sense that this realm is rich with life if we have the eyes and heart and stillness to open to it. The scene is occurring at night, a time for quiet, for using different senses and a different kind of vision to navigate in--sounds become pronounced, smells, and intuition all come more fully alive at night giving us access to this wisdom body.
| Crone of Fire ~ As Above Tarot |
It feels comforting to have her show up here as we move closer towards Samhain, towards shorter days and longer nights, towards Hecate's womb, a darkness that is both stark and sensual. And for me, personally, as I move into the shadow work associated with this season I feel this Crone of Fire's presence here today as a blessing. I feel her invitation to draw on the quiet flame of wisdom as a guide rather than the wildly energetic flame of youth, of summer, of activity. Now is the time for a reflection that is lit from within.
Pay attention to your dreams, she tells me, pay attention to your guides who show up unbidden, pay attention to your fears, those elemental energies who appear in so many different forms. Ask each of them what they want and welcome them with a quiet warmth.
The Guest House
This being human is a guest house.
Every morning a new arrival.
A joy, a depression, a meanness,
some momentary awareness comes
As an unexpected visitor.
Welcome and entertain them all!
Even if they're a crowd of sorrows,
who violently sweep your house
empty of its furniture,
still treat each guest honorably.
She may be clearing you out
for some new delight.
The dark thought, the shame, the malice,
meet them at the door laughing,
and invite them in.
Be grateful for whoever comes,
because each has been sent
as a guide from beyond.Jalaluddin Rumi
What a wonderful idea for the Four of Air, a reminder to be still long enough to be aware what is going on around us and within us. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's well done isn't it. I'm really enjoying the innovation of this deck.
DeleteI agree with Bev.
ReplyDeleteBeing still and listening to the soft whispers around us is something entirely different than taking nap (which is always great too)
I like the different lens they've given us here to view this card through. As you say, a slightly different way of 'replenishing'
DeleteI'm loving the Four of Air here, with the black cat and raven (two creatures I feel very close to). I'm also loving the Rumi poem, which resonates strongly with me today. Wonderful post.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Zanna, and so nice to have you stop by. I like seeing the creatures here, too, messengers if we have the eyes and ears to perceive them.
Delete