| Humanity ~ Devas of Creation |
I have to admit as I was shuffling the cards this morning I asked the Devas to go easy on me after yesterday's draw which for some reason took the zip out of my sails. That combined with a few other things resulted in a long nap later in the afternoon, unusual for me. Today I drew the card entitled, Humanity. The colors and gradations remind me of Waldorf veil painting or the wet-on-wet watercolor work I did with my son when he was younger.
The creator likens this card to The Fool in the Tarot and there is certainly a feeling of innocence and wonder about it. The soft colors and barely-there shape give me the feeling of beginnings, of openness and innocence. The figure's position is wide open to receive the world, heart center fully receptive, throat center expanded. It's a figure that feels both strong and vulnerable, encompassing the spectrum of our humanity.
| Two of Fire ~ Sister of Water ~ Tarot of the Spirit |
Interestingly the author describes the Two of Fire as "the intercourse of Wands and Cups, Fire and Water, male and female" seen in the discs with two six-pointed stars representing the integration of masculine and feminine energies. It's all swirling out of a gold ring which suggests a marriage of these energies. The card is called Convergence and there is the sense of understanding the necessity of connection as a means to mastery.
Sister Water has her back to this scene. I like to think she's already absorbed its knowledge and is well on her watery way using her intuition, her vision, and her connection to the power and mutability of the cosmic sea. These give her emotions sustenance and substance. She rides the Swan of Peace and is supported by a powerful sea turtle who also knows about the depths of the water world. The card is subtitled Divine Love and I see her as radiant heart-consciousness emergent.
| Tarot of the Spirit ~ Devas of Creation |
Together this scene feels quite spacious, the recognition of one's humanity as the path to an awakened heart. That's rather an exalted message but bringing it down to earth could be as simple as a smile to a stranger, an awareness that my friend's impatience is from being tired, or a moment in meditation when boundaries melt as one becomes aware of the gift of breath that unites us all.
Such lovely,soft colors... they make me think of words like yielding, pausing and calming. I'm sorry you had "one of those days" yesterday and hope today is much better!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Bev.
Delete