Saturday, August 29, 2015

Reaching for the Stars Beneath My Feet

The Stars ~ Psycards

This starry image feels like a bit of needed energy today. It's grey and overcast, within and without. I'm also aware of the Supermoon that rises today. A Supermoon occurs when a new or full moon coincides with perigee--the moon's closest point to Earth in its orbit. It is in Pisces so this particular moon feels extra potent for me as my own moon is in this sign. The little verse for The Stars card says...

What is above is found below
Go where Heaven bids you to go

I like the poetry of this and it reminds me of the visualization I led folks in on The Star card during the retreat, a night skyscape within and without. The LWB goes on to say that this card pertains to three things; destiny, free will and reaching high. Stepping deftly around the semantic minefields of 'destiny' and 'free will' I'll focus instead on my own autonomy as it relates to aspiration and intention. Today the only reachings I feel capable of holding are prosaic, getting through the day without snapping at anyone, keeping my energy on an even keel and accomplishing some housework. Pretty basic and yet with the potential for growth if I draw on the affirmation and prayer associated with yesterday's Ace of Wands...I am transformed by even the ordinary events of my daily existence. May I embody each new day as the kindling of attention to what is unfolding. 

Sigh. This feels easier when the ordinary events have some kind of glow to them, the kind generated from within. But moving that sigh on to the Tarot...

The Emperor ~ Page of Cups ~ Hudes Tarot
These two regal male figures have graced my daily draw today with their messages of earth and water attunements.

The Emperor showed up earlier in the week with his partner, the Empress. Today he appears with perhaps an apprentice, the Page of Cups, who shows us how earth affects water, how the body affects emotions, how physical environment affects mood.



This feels spot on today as I navigate the way my own inner climate is determining how I approach my day. Or perhaps it's my sweet son approaching my currently afflicted Emperor-self lol. The Page seems to be looking to the organizing principles of the Emperor for guidance or perhaps offering his cup, a sense of flow, as a way of tempering the rigidity sometimes seen in those ruling principles. Less an actual person and more the ongoing relationship we have with this archetype, the Emperor leads by example with an eye to the greater good of his kingdom. As such I shall be looking to my own boundaries and decisions in my activities today and how they affect others, negatively or positively. And I sense the Stars shall be found on the path beneath my feet, those shining moments when good intention plants itself firmly as the ground of my being.

4 comments:

  1. The Stars poem brought to mind some verses from Psalm 139:
    7) Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
    8) If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
    9) If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
    10) even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
    11) If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me
    and the light become night around me,”
    12) even the darkness will not be dark to you;
    the night will shine like the day,
    for darkness is as light to you.

    It's nice to know there's a Source of strength available no matter where I am or what I'm doing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Psalms have a way of elucidating a single point with such lyricism, don't they. Thanks for sharing this particular one, Bev.

      Delete
  2. I like how you, in one way, treat the Emperor/Page combination in terms of how their elements interact - physical body of earth impacting the emotional experience of water. That's a really nice way to look at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia. More and more the Elements are asking for a voice in my life which includes my interface with the Tarot. This adds such a rich dimension to my day-to-day experience.

      Delete