| Rose Quartz ~ Inner Child ~ Crystal Reading Cards |
Apparently the lessons of yesterday's Six of Cups ~ Self-Love ~ Queen of Swords triumvirate have wandered over to the present moment of today. Which feels kind of nourishing, actually, once I get past the ubiquitous intellectual cynic standing sentry at the doorway of my heart. Today I'm admitted into that palace with relative ease. Perhaps it's my amusement over the fact that of all the cards I could choose this is one sure to evoke a reaction in me lol. Humor can have such a disarming effect! The universe is having a bit of fun with Rose today ;) Okay, I'll play along since play comes naturally to all children, inner or outer.
Actually this is quite a topical card for today as I am revisiting, with a friend, some of those undeveloped areas that are in need of attention. I feel affirmed to see it here. And rose quartz is just plain lovely quite apart from any meaning it's been given. The LWB tells me...The inner child is a reflection of the child-like feelings and emotions that we have within that have been misunderstood and wounded...The Devas encourage you to reconnect to the magic and innocence of the child within and open to this aspect of yourself in your daily life. Breathe the soft, nurturing energy of Rose Quartz into your heart and feel it dissolve any old wounds connected to your inner child.
Would that it were that one-dimensionally easy! But I can make a start at least and I place the card upon my heart simply feeling my breath moving in and out of my body as I hold the image of Rose Quartz in my mind. Spontaneity and joy, I could use more of, certainly and I was recently writing about this to a friend so seeing the word here in relation to inner child is an encouraging key as to why spontaneity feels at an ebb these days.
| The Sun ~ Crystal Visions Tarot by Jennifer Galasso |
A mother stands dressed in colors of the sun tenderly holding her child in a field full of sunflowers whose faces shine with solar light. A wild colt looks on with playfulness and yet intimating the power and speed it will eventually embody. Monarch butterflies flutter around aspiring towards the light. The mother introduces her young child to the beauty of the natural world and one can only imagine the shared delight that this introduction evokes in both as she, too, is brought into a newness of vision through the eyes of her child full of innocence and wonder.
I like the feeling of connection that is present with all the figures in this card, human, animal, insect, plant. There is a feeling of outer mirroring inner. The sunflowers speak of the union between earth and sun, body and spirit and the flame of the mother's dress is like a lovely beacon of light leading up to the center of things, her baby cradled against her heart, the new consciousness that can develop when we allow the light to permeate the heart. All these feel palpably relevant in relation to working with my own nascent and undeveloped creatures within.
| The High Priestess ~ Crystal Visions Tarot |
Here she stands upon a crescent moon, her feet firmly rooted in the realm of psychic, intuitive mastery. She holds an ankh scepter topped with a luminous globe in her left hand and in her right hand she holds a pomegranate.
The pomegranate is interesting to me as it relates to both the Inner Child card and the Sun card. In the Greek myth Persephone was abducted by Zeus and taken to Hades' Underworld. Her mother, Demeter, after roaming the earth looking for her finally appealed to the Sun god, Helios, to tell her Persephone's whereabouts which he did. Demeter, goddess of the harvest, then refused to let the crops grow until her daughter was returned to her. Seeing this Zeus finally relented and Hades permitted her to leave. The catch was that she could not have consumed anything during her time in the Underworld. Unfortunately she'd eaten six pomegranate seeds. As a result she was only allowed back to earth with the proviso that she spend three months below each year, the months of Winter when nothing grows.
| Crystal Visions Tarot ~ Crystal Reading Cards |
I normally don't focus on this myth so intently when The High Priestess card comes up for me but today it seems relevant in relation to the other two cards drawn. Persephone with her ability to navigate inner and outer realms is much like that part of me that can move between inner child and outer mother. With my own intuitive body engaged I can navigate some of this potentially treacherous and vulernable terrain where the inner child lives and plays. The butterflies in both of the Tarot cards speak of degrees of transformation and I feel them as migrating from the solar re-birth energy to quieter lunar metamorphic energy. Helios, embodied by the Sun card plays a role here, too, encouraging me to shine and be warmed by a somatic truth that emerges when the inner child steps out from the less visible realms beneath and lets limbs and breath expand with spontaneity and curiosity. I feel in good company with these cards, supported in my vision to 'play' a little today, to tend to the little one within. And I have made the aspiration to embrace at least one spontaneous impulse today. I wonder what it will be...
The Sun
Have you ever seen
anything
in your life
more wonderful
than the way the sun,
every evening,
relaxed and easy,
floats toward the horizon
and into the clouds or the hills,
or the rumpled sea,
and is gone–
and how it slides again
out of the blackness,
every morning,
on the other side of the world,
like a red flower
streaming upward on its heavenly oils,
say, on a morning in early summer,
at its perfect imperial distance–
and have you ever felt for anything
such wild love–
do you think there is anywhere, in any language,
a word billowing enough
for the pleasure
that fills you,
as the sun
reaches out,
as it warms you
as you stand there,
empty-handed–
or have you too
turned from this world–
or have you too
gone crazy
for power,
for things?
~ Mary Oliver ~
This combination made me think of the words of Hafiz:
ReplyDelete“I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being.” Hope your inner sun shines just as brightly as the outer one on you today. :)
Beautiful, Bev! Thank you.
DeleteSigh. I love Mary Oliver. That poem is so lovely, and really embodies my experience of the sun of late. I love watching it rise every morning, shining its long rays through my back yard. Perhaps my favorite part of the day. I love this card combination you've pulled. Shining a light into our deepest soul, experiencing joy. I wish you a peaceful "revisitation" :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Olivia. Mary Oliver can certainly name it, can't she! I love your description of greeting the sun each day, your own effortless earth prayer :)
Delete