| Wild Unknown Tarot ~ Alchemist's Oracle |
This draw wraps up my exploration of these two decks for now. It's been an enriching couple of weeks getting to know them and they have worked together seamlessly. How fitting then that today I drew as my oracle card, Final Step...
| Final Step ~ Alchemist's Oracle |
Whereas yesterday's theme seemed to focus on following through on initiatory energy today's seems to be about, if not endings, then nourishing pauses that allow for continuity. A little mouse sits on the other stump nibbling something. My Lenormand understandings of mice would associate its presence with worry, a dwindling of resources, fatigue and problems with structure. Some of these definitely apply but I don't think that's the whole message here. Mice are resourceful and hard workers and I think this is also being communicated, to keep going in small ways and keep in mind all that has come previously, the rings in the stump, as a means of providing context and bolstering any areas of my psyche that feel tired.
| Five of Wands ~ Wild Unknown Tarot |
Aligning all those wands and suddenly I have a nice little stack of firewood with which to cook upon or heat my body. This actually feels like a good way to interpret this card, uniting what feels random and chaotic into something that transforms, that is fueled by spirit, into something that can support or nourish with each wand being needed for the process.
| Mother of Swans ~ Wild Unknown Tarot |
This card usually signifies a very specific woman in my life whom I love and respect and whenever it shows up I always pay attention to the ways we are interacting. She's currently traveling so I'm feeling more inclined to look to my own inner Mother or Queen of Cups. This is a role that comes naturally to me but sometimes to the point of neglecting my own path.
Am I making sure to attend to areas that nourish my artistic soul? Am I making sure to take as well as give? What are my dreams telling me? What is my relationship with my shadow these days? All of these questions come up for me today upon seeing this card though my impulse is to want to settle into her feathery embrace and rest a bit. I notice her cup in the lower portion of the card and the little rainbow-hued stars in the dark night suggesting that one way through the shadow moments is to drink well from that loving cup and tend to any artistic yearnings I might be feeling.
Themes of digging a little deeper than I thought I was capable of to bring forth my creative juices are implied here in the cards today and then the task of organizing all that inspiration into something that serves a larger vehicle which in turn is supported by the waters of feeling and intuition, dream and feminine energy. Today that feels like it's time to carve out some mama-time to work on my zentangles. They have languished for a good while and I feel them calling me. Add in a pot of hot tea with a pretty china cup and I'm good to go!
![]() |
| Our Lady of Zentangle |
| ~ Fairy's Eye View ~ |

I don't mind a bit of creative chaos as long as no one completely loses sight of the goal. Some good ideas can come occasionally come out of the craziness. :)
ReplyDeleteI love your zentangles. In my last meditation class, I introduced this as a "doing" meditation as an alternative to coloring pages.
Thanks, Bev. I bet I'd really enjoy your meditation classes!
DeleteLoving the tangles! How inspiring. You make me want to get out my pen and paper.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Bridgett. I spent a lovely couple of hours yesterday working on another one. I don't think I would have carved out the time like that had it not been for the cards. They gave me that extra little nudge that mothers sometimes need :)
DeleteWhat a beautiful read and I've really enjoyed these decks together. Also a timely reminder as I have neglected my zentangles too. BB
ReplyDeleteThanks, BB. Zentangles are so satisfying, aren't they.
Delete